Ben

Thank you for your review and your comment on CMP Updates.
I will just comment on the usage of "cmp" well-known URI and leave the other
comments to the authors of draft-ietf-ace-cmpv2-coap-transport-04.

When writing the sections on http and coap transfer in Lightweight CMP Profile
and CMP Updates I took RFC 7030 as example.
RFC 7030 §3.2.2 states
   An EST server MAY provide service for multiple CAs as indicated by an
   OPTIONAL additional path segment between the registered application
   name and the operation path.  To avoid conflict, the CA label MUST
   NOT be the same as any defined operation path segment.  The EST
   server MUST provide services regardless of whether the additional
   path segment is present.  The following are three example valid URIs:

   1.  https://www.example.com/.well-known/est/cacerts

   2.  https://www.example.com/.well-known/est/arbitraryLabel1/cacerts

   3.  https://www.example.com/.well-known/est/arbitraryLabel2/cacerts

Also draft-ietf-ace-coap-est §5.1 makes use of arbitraryLables
   For both types of installations, saving header space is important and
   short EST-coaps URIs are specified in this document.  These URIs are
   shorter than the ones in [RFC7030].  Two example EST-coaps resource
   path names are:

   coaps://example.com:<port>/.well-known/est/<short-est>
   coaps://example.com:<port>/.well-known/est/ArbitraryLabel/<short-est>

CMP Updates §3.3 makes use of these examples and adapts them to CMP needs
renaming arbitraryLable to profileLable. The operationLable is specified in
Lightweight CMP Profile.
   The CMP client needs to be configured with sufficient information to
   form the CMP server URI.  This is at least the authority portion of
   the URI, e.g., 'www.example.com:80', or the full operation path
   segment of the PKI management entity.  Additionally, OPTIONAL path
   segments MAY be added after the registered application name as part
   of the full operation path to provide further distinction.  A path
   segment could for example support the differentiation of specific
   CAs, certificate profiles, or PKI management operations.  A valid
   full CMP path can look like this:

      http://www.example.com/.well-known/cmp
      http://www.example.com/.well-known/cmp/operationLabel
      http://www.example.com/.well-known/cmp/profileLabel
      http://www.example.com/.well-known/cmp/profileLabel/operationLabel

The operational labels for usage with http are further specified in Lightweight
CMP Profile §6.1 (and for coap see §6.2).
   PKI management operations SHOULD use URI paths consisting of '/.well-
   known/cmp/' followed by an operation label depending on the type of
   PKI management operation.

   +============================+=====================+=========+
   | PKI management operation   |   operation label   | Details |
   +============================+=====================+=========+
   | Enroll client to new PKI   |   /initialization   | Section |
   |                            |                     | 4.1.1   |
   +----------------------------+---------------------+---------+
   | Enroll client to existing  |    /certification   | Section |
   | PKI                        |                     | 4.1.2   |
   +----------------------------+---------------------+---------+
   | Update client certificate  |      /keyupdate     | Section |
   |                            |                     | 4.1.3   |
   +----------------------------+---------------------+---------+
   | Enroll client using        |         /p10        | Section |
   | PKCS#10                    |                     | 4.1.4   |
   +----------------------------+---------------------+---------+
   | Revoke client certificate  |     /revocation     | Section |
   |                            |                     | 4.2     |
   +----------------------------+---------------------+---------+
   | Get CA certificates        |     /getcacerts     | Section |
   |                            |                     | 4.3.1   |
   +----------------------------+---------------------+---------+
   | Get root CA certificate    |    /getrootupdate   | Section |
   | update                     |                     | 4.3.2   |
   +----------------------------+---------------------+---------+
   | Get certificate request    | /getcertreqtemplate | Section |
   | template                   |                     | 4.3.1   |
   +----------------------------+---------------------+---------+
   | Get CRL updates            |       /getcrls      | Section |
   |                            |                     | 4.3.4   |
   +----------------------------+---------------------+---------+
   | Batching messages          |       /nested       | Section |
   |                            |                     | 5.2.2.2 |
   | Note: This path element is |                     |         |
   | applicable only between    |                     |         |
   | PKI management entities.   |                     |         |

                      Table 1: HTTP endpoints

May be I missed something. Could you explain where you see the difference
between the usage of /.well-known/ in RFC 7030 and in CMP Updates and
Lightweight CMP Profile or why this approach is not appropriate anymore.

Hendrik