Hi Daniel and all,

Please see my two cents below.

Best,
/Marco

On 2022-12-07 15:57, Daniel Migault wrote:
Hi,

We would like to consider meeting in the IETF 116 in Yokohama. To confirm the meeting request, we would like to get an idea of: 1-  who is planning to attend the session remotely or face to face as well as

==>MT
I plan to attend the session and to be at IETF 116 onsite.
<==

2 - what should be discussed that cannot be discussed during interim meetings

==>MT
Well, there is probably nothing that cannot fundamentally be discussed at interim meetings.

However, even though it is hard to predict the details now, I think there will be things to discuss at the end of March, including status and open points of WG documents following the submission cut-off.

In my opinion, this is more effective to happen at a WG session of an IETF meeting, since it attracts a broader audience and is part of a broader, whole-week event during which further, related discussions can easily take place.

On the contrary, interim meetings are an "isolated" event with a smaller audience, that are good to complement WG sessions at an IETF meeting, but that I believe should not be treated as a replacement.

For this particular case, I think it is way better to have an ACE session at IETF 116, and especially instead of the interim meeting scheduled on the week before (that I will most likely have to skip due to a conflict).
<==

Yours,
Daniel

--