> I guess it'd be pretty hard to replace the use of the token
> only for Basic authentication actually.
>
> I was trying to think if there were any issues w/regards to
> clusters (with replicated sessions). In the case of getting
> rid of the token in the session, on a failover and switch to
> another machine, there wouldn't be an entry in the cache, so
> the db would be hit again, but that's about it I guess...

By getting rid of the DaoAuthenticationToken and relying solely on the
pluggable cache provider, we would be eliminating Acegi Security's only
"dependency" on the HttpSession. Surely this would be a good thing, as it
gives users more flexibility with how they architect their cluster systems.
Also, open source software like SwarmCache provides cluster-aware caching.
So if people wanted to ensure cluster-wide removal of an entity from the
cache, writing a UserCache implementation that delegates to something like
SwarmCache would permit that.

Best regards