Karel Miarka wrote:

Hi Ben,

I have started to use dao.event.LoggerListener and I'm wondering why no
event is published when invalid username was provided eg.
UsernameNotFoundException / BadCredentialsException arise.

I think this case should be logged by the same mechanism as the other events
(auth success, password failure, ...) otherwise I have to catch it in my
DAO, but I find this approach quite inconsistent.

Can you please write a note on this?

TIA,
Karel

Hi Karel

The reason we haven't got an event for UsernameNotFoundException is because the AuthenticationEvent requires a non-null User, and if the username cannot be found, we can't obtain a user.

Having said that, you'd be welcome to contribute a patch to DaoAuthenticationProvider along with a new AuthenticationEvent subclass which notes in its JavaDocs the UsernameNotFoundEvent.getUser() will always return a non-null but invalid value.

Best regards