I don't want to speculate but it does seem that the sourceforge systems
have been steadily deteriorating over the last 18 months or so.

It is a shame that tigris ( http://www.tigris.org ) is not open to all and
sundry. It seems like a fantastic place to host an open source project
with subversion change control etc.

--b