Hello Vijay !
Im posting my applicationcontext.xml and MyJdbcDaoImpl.java with this mail.
I can log in from the user in my db as ROLE_SUPERVISOR but cannot log in
from user with ROLE_TARZAN. I mean I can log in, and on console I get an
authentication success message , but then it gives me a 404 (forbidden
access) error.

Regards,
 Sami Ather

System Developer
Product Development & Engineering
AUSTAR Communications Pty Ltd
Ph : 02 9394 9511

             Vijay
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             Sent by:                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             acegisecurity-dev         eforge.net
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          cc
             s.sourceforge.net
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Acegisecurity-developer]
             21/08/2004 12:07          sample.contact Application
             AM                        Authorization question??

             Please respond to
             acegisecurity-dev
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                ceforge.net

Hi Sami,

I have seen something similar when was I beginning
with acegi. In my case, it was something very minor
that I overlooked (now I cant remember what it was).
If you could post your applicationContext.xml (or
relevant parts of it), I can try to help you.

Vijay

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello Ben !
> I am using AffirmativeBased AccessDecisionManager.
> and I have also tried
> printing out details from loadUserByUserName from
> subclass of JdbcDaoImpl,
> and its giving me correct details.
> I still cannot understand that why ROLE_SUPERVISOR
> can log in and with
> ROLE_ABC its giving 403 error. By the way on console
> I get an
> Authentication success msg, so it means that the
> framework is recognizing
> my user, but somehow someway my new user cannto
> access the resource. and If
> I try to change that ROLE_ABC to ROLE_TELLER,
> everything works fine again.
> and I have also noticed that when I log in from
> ROLE_SUPERVISOR ; the
> authentication works fine and then
> secureIndexController is called which
> proceeds further but in case of ROLE_ABC its says
> that authentication
> successful but it nevers calls the
> secureIndexController,
> any advise , as your advise is always very helpful.
>

> Regards,
>  Sami Ather

> System Developer
> Product Development & Engineering
> AUSTAR Communications Pty Ltd
> Ph : 02 9394 9511
>

> Hi Sami
>
> The standard Contacts sample uses AffirmativeBased
> (AccessDecisionManager) which grants access if _any_
> AccessDecisionVoter
> votes to grant access. Thus if you simply added
> ROLE_ABC to the security
> interceptor section (BTW, which one, the
> MethodSecurityInterceptor or
> FilterSecurityInterceptor?) it should still work
> with your user who
> holds ROLE_SUPERVISOR as the presence of ROLE_ABC is
> a "bonus" which is
> never checked. I'd therefore tip you've either
> chosen to use a different
> AccessDecisionManager (like UnanimousBased, although
> that should still
> work as the user has both roles!) or perhaps your
> JdbcDaoImpl has not
> been correctly subclassed. I would expect it's the
> latter. Try writing a
> unit test for your JdbcDaoImpl subclass (or good old
> System.out.println
> or logger.debug) to check the UserDetails object it
> returns does indeed
> contain all the roles you'd expect via
> UserDetails.getAuthorities().
>
> Ben

> This email and any files transmitted with it are
> confidential and
> intended solely for the use of the individual or
> entity to whom they
> are addressed. If you have received this email in
> error please notify
> the system manager.
>
> This footnote also confirms that this email message
> has been swept by
>
> www.mimesweeper.com

> price on Blank Media
> 100pk Sonic DVD-R 4x for only $29 -100pk Sonic DVD+R
> [...]

This message has been scanned for viruses by AUSTAR Communication's
antivirus and content checking applications.
Austar Communications