Thompson Marzagão wrote:

Hi all,

Do you guys think that maybe the RoleVoter class is way too sensitive? :)

I mean, I had a single space at the end of one of my values for my
objectDefinitionSource property definition of the MethodSecurityInterceptor
and it took me a while to figure out I had an extra space character there.

Shouldn't the authority comparison code (line 119 in version 1.4 of
net.sf.acegisecurity.vote.RoleVoter) trim the SecurityConfig attribute
string before the actual comparison?

Just a thought.

Thompson Marzagao

Hi Thompson

Thanks for the suggestion. I ended up implementing the trimming of spaces via the ConfigAttributeEditor, as I can't think of any use cases where a preceding or trailing space would actually be desirable for any configuration attribute (not just role voter). If people do really need this functionality they can use their own PropertyEditor or wire up the ObjectDefinitionSource by a <ref bean="someOtherSource"/>.

A unit test etc is now checked into CVS.