Mike wrote:

My questions:

- Can we make DataSourcePopulator a generic Populator, in order to
support multiple databases for testing ?

The goal of Contacts is to give people a non-trivial (in terms of security) and self-contained (ie no external database server required) application. My only concern with offering a generic Populator is people would expect the project to maintain compatibility with multiple databases. It's also not really part of the scope of the application, in that we're not trying to offer a stand-alone product people can deploy and use in their target environment. If you have a way of addressing these concerns, I am happy to offer the extra flexibility. It might be as simple as modifying the SQL to be more portable.

- Does anybody know the equivalant of "ID INTEGER GENERATED BY DEFAULT
AS IDENTITY(START WITH 100)" in MYSQL world?

Sorry, I use Postgres mostly.

Best regards