Sounds perfect for me...

1.  Any objection to this?  Is it un-Acegi like?

2.  I really need the feature for this project (my
deadline is hours away:-(  Is there an easier way, in
the meantime (ie., can I access the "Authorization"
from my servlet via session?)

3.  I don't know Acegi that well, but would be willing
to add this if some folks can give me a little
handholding (that is, if the to #1 is "No".