Brian Moseley wrote:

that sounds right. i don't have any need for access control on this operation, so it looks like i can simply use anonymous authen and then have my jackrabbit access manager use an AuthenticationTrustResolver to see if the Authentication is anonymous. i think that will work. thanks!

following up on this...

i enabled both anonymous authentication and run-as for my user account signup operation (i need run-as because my jcr repository access manager requires a user account with the root role to perform this particular operation). this setup works fine, but as soon as the user has signed up for his account, he has to explicitly log in to that account.

I would probably try to avoid doing the run-as replacement, as it is a little challenging to overcome the issue you've described without creating the user an entirely different way or exposing an internal token used by AbstractSecurityInterceptor (which I would rather not do, as it could pose a lot of problematic behavior if misunderstood/misused).

Have you considered using a different FilterChainProxy for the sign-up URL? That different chain could use a different AnonymousProcessingFilter bean that grants the necessary root role that the JCR requires. This would avoid the need to perform run-as replacement and overcome the central problem of modifying the SecurityContextHolder so that it is stored in the HttpSession at the end of the request.

Incidentally, I thought you were doing WebDAV stuff with JCR. If so, WebDAV clients are meant to use digest authentication which is nice and convenient as there's no HttpSession required.

Best regards
Ben

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by Oracle Space Sweepstakes Want to be the first software developer in space? Enter now for the Oracle Space Sweepstakes! http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7412&alloc_id=16344&op=click _______________________________________________ Home: http://acegisecurity.sourceforge.net Acegisecurity-developer mailing list Acegisecurity-developer@lists.sourceforge.net https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/acegisecurity-developer