Hi Juergen

Juergen Hoeller wrote:

I'm a little unclear where that discussion started... Any JDK 1.3
compatibility issues with Spring and/or Acegi?
As you may recall, the Ant Path changes between 1.1.x and 1.2.x required us to release Acegi Security 0.8.2. I then provided a new release, 0.8.3 which was based on 0.8.2 to correct a potentially serious bug. There was concern that a version based on 0.8.1 should also be created, as some people are using Spring 1.1.x because they believed Spring 1.2.x did not support JDK 1.3. I did release 0.8.1.1 JARs for such users (available at http://acegisecurity.sourceforge.net/maven/acegisecurity/jars for those needing it), but I'll refrain from performing an official release because your clarification below indicates these users should have no major road-block moving to 1.2.x and thus 0.8.3.

I can assure you that Spring 1.2.x and also Spring 1.3.x will continue to
support JDK 1.3 as far as possible. In parallel, we do support a number of
JDK 1.4 and 1.5 features where it makes sense, without tying the overall
framework to those versions.

Thanks for clarifying this.

Cheers