Pascal Gehl wrote:

In our project we don't have easy access to the apache config files
(politics...) and by switching to acegi we have infinite loop because 1. client is accessing a protected ressource
2. acgi tells him to go to login page
3. apache tells him to go to protected ressource

We had to subclass the entry point to do a forward instead of a
sendRedirect.
I don't understand what in Apache is doing step 3. Is this a standard Tomcat feature? If using Acegi Security, the recommended approach is to not use any container security at all - just let Acegi Security do the lot for you. It would be good if you could explain your configuration a little more.

Cheers