Pascal Gehl wrote:

Same thing for net.sf.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.

I really like the net.sf.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy, I think it
should be promoted to Spring Web because it can be usefull for all kind of
filters.

I have no problem with Spring Core adopting either class, or any other Acegi Security general-purpose class for that matter.

org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy has been added to Spring Core, providing similar functionality to FilterToBeanProxy.

There is no Spring Core equivalent class for FilterChainProxy. Because most Acegi Security configuration now uses this latter class - and we only use FilterToBeanProxy from web.xml to actually delegate to a FilterChainProxy - I haven't changed Acegi Security's samples etc to use DelegatingFilterProxy.

Cheers