At this level (i.e. at the Dao provider level), I'm not sure you can differentiate between a "login" with an existing cache entry and the authentication that takes part as part of each invocation.

How would you define a "logout" in the scenario defined above (assuming it didn't involve removing credentials from the cache). The usage might not be tied to an HTTP session, for example, it could be a remote client.

Mark St.Godard wrote:
Yes definitely, its not as simple as moving the publish event outside
of the cache check, as this would trigger it when we really dont want
to.

Ben et al,  (as per your comments) is this the expected behavior of
the event model?
I would think we need to uniquely identify the 2nd logon and publish
accordingly.

Cheers,
Mark

--
 Luke Taylor.                      Monkey Machine Ltd.
 PGP Key ID: 0x57E9523C            http://www.monkeymachine.ltd.uk