Hey Ben,

Just wanted to mention, I have started converting over the
"attributes" sample apps over to Java 5 annotations version.  (Havent
checked in yet)

samples/attributes (Commons)
samples/annotations (Java 5)

Basically, I ported over the BankService code and created tests.

Also, I did port over a Contacts sample using Java instead of XML configuration.

My questions (prior to checking anything in), are related to packaging.

First off, we now have the core-tiger project... and this creates a
jar for the java 5 classes.
I think we need to package these into a single acegisecurity jar file?
I noticed that the Spring @Transactional annotations are packaged in
the spring.jar (i.e. there is not JDK 5 vs JDK 1.4 < )
So it looks to be ok to use JDK 1.4 (and lower) loading a jar file
that contains Java 5 classes.... as long as they dont try to use them
:)

2ndly - where should the new contacts sample using the annotations reside?
Should I recreate a whole new sub-project (ala core-tiger) ?  Or can
it be included in the existing /samples/contacts/   ?

I just wanted to make sure I dont check in code that breaks JDK 1.4
users from building the CVS HEAD examples, etc.

Therefore to sum up:

- can we package the core-tiger classes into the single acegi security dist?
- where should the new samples (for java5) be located?

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Mark

Anyway