From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Tim Kettering
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 10:42 AM
To: acegisecurity-developer@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Acegisecurity-developer] using long for acegi acl id
parameters

Ben,

Yes, sorry I wasn't clear on which class.  I meant the AclDetailsHolder in
the JdbcDaoImpl.  I've been forced to fork off the JdbcDaoImpl code into my
own classes completely here due to the fact that they're rather hard to
extend if you want to do more than just tweak the query strings.  One of the
issues I ran into was that AclDetailsHolder and other internal classes make
it difficult to extend because the code apparently still calls the original
implementations, not my implementations, and there doesn't seem to be a
clean way to hook into my own classes.

Although I really have just started working on this stuff for a few days,
and I would need to work with it some more to formulate some suggestions on
how to make them more easily extensible.  But changing the values to long
would be a good start.  I would submit a patch, but Sourceforge's CVS still
is not working for me at the moment.  I'll file a JIRA issue on it.

-tim