Hi Ben and all

I've occasionally seen some odd behaviour with access to an anonymous client being allowed with one request and disallowed with the next, but today I managed to track down what's happening.

Running CVS HEAD from a couple of days ago, I can log in to our application as one user, make a number of requests, then log off and log in as a different one. If I manage to get the right thread from the thread pool (tomcat), it will still have a SecureContext bound to the thread for the first user, and the request will execute with that context. Eek.

This is all using basic authentication, with the acegi filters ordered thusly (in the filterChainProxy): basicProcessingFilter, anonymousProcessingFilter, securityEnforcementFilter.

Is this by design? I would have thought that somewhere in maybe the FilterChainProxy there'd be a finally clause that cleared the SecureContext from the thread.

Cheers

Tom

and/or publication of this e-mail message is prohibited.
computer system network.