Scott Battaglia wrote:
Would it make sense to change the Object getPrincipal() method to UserDetails getPrincipal() such that users can swap the providers without having to worry whether the Authentication object from one provider returns a different Principal from the other Authentication objects (or should people always just call UserDetails)?

Hi Scott

I am inclined to leave it as-is, as detecting the type returned by getPrincipal() is rather easy to do, and can be encapsulated into a static utility method in any event. Also, as we're in the 1.0.0 RC phase, changing a relatively central interface like Authentication should be viewed with caution.

Cheers