Hi,

Regarding:
org.acegisecurity.providers.ldap.LdapAuthenticationProvider
$Id: LdapAuthenticationProvider.java,v 1.5 2006/01/05 19:59:04 luke_t Exp $

I noticed that the retrieveUser(String, UsernamePasswordAuthenticationToken) throws an IllegalArgumentException when entering an empty passwd.
The IllegalArgumentException is thrown from the following part of code on line 146 in LdapAuthenticationProvider.

//   org.springframework.util.Assert.hasLength(password, "Null or empty password was supplied in authentication token");

Is this correct?
I actually expected an AuthenticationException.

Regards,
Bram
privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination
or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this