hv @ Fashion Content wrote:

> How would you configure a login policy where
> 1) The last username used is never forgotten(saved in cookie)

You can't do that out of the box. You could investigate plugging into
the remember-me filter, though, which has hooks to send back cookies
after successful authentication. The cookie would later be read by your
login.jsp (or equivalent controller that builds the view).

> 2) Some pages are merely dependent on the active user

You mean basic authorization approaches? Acegi Security does this in
some depth. You should read the reference guide for details. I think
there's several chapters on authorization alone.

> 3) Other pages are only available to an authorised user

See response to question #2. Also have a read of the section about tag
libraries.

> Also is it possible to combine form and basic authentication

Yes. See the Contacts sample.

HTH