On 9/7/06, Ben Alex <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Carlos Sanchez wrote:
> > Will it be possible to make a 1.0.2 bug release in the next two weeks?
> > I can go thorugh all the release process, i just would like to know if
> > people agree in taking what it is curently in svn and tag it as 1.0.2.
>
> Hi Carlos
>
> You want to be release manager? I would certainly welcome this.

If I have time at the time of any release I certainly can help ;)

> I have just been through JIRA and looked at all bugs. I've moved all but
> one bug to release 1.0.2 (the one being ignored because it's more a
> low-impact known limitation than an actual bug). We need to get these
> bugs quashed before 1.0.2 goes out.
>
> Most bugs are relatively trivial to address, and I will hopefully find
> some time to do so over the next two weeks.

My only concern is that we can introduce new bugs in that time. I'd
rather fix the most important bugs in next week and have a week of
frozen code for test. But if there're no risky changes in those 1.0.2
issues that's ok. We can always get a 1.0.3 out.

> Other committers are welcome to address the bugs marked for 1.0.2. As I
> said, most are pretty simple and in many cases the issue itself provides
> the fix.
>
> Once the issues currently against 1.0.2 are sorted, I have no problems
> with a release.
>
> Cheers
> Ben

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.