OK...

Subclassing ServiceProperties isn't going to do any good, because you
don't have access to the HttpRequest.

You can use a PropertyPlaceHolderConfigurer so that your xml looks like...
<bean id="serviceProperties" class="org.acegisecurity.ui.cas.ServiceProperties">
    <property
</bean>

And then you can externalize these deployment specific parameters into
a properties file that gets setup at the client site.

We should consider adding a hookmethod into the
CasProcessingFilterEntryPoint to allow customization of how the
serviceUrl is added to the cas redirect.

Oh, and a little tip, you don't have to hard code the http:// part you
can use request.getScheme() (terrible name, go Sun).