All,

I am thinking about writing a Spring 2.0 style parser for Acegi
configuration.  So, you'd be able to do this:

<beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans";
       xmlns:acg="http://www.acegisecurity.org/schema/acegi";
          http://www.acegisecurity.org/schema/acegi
          http://www.acegisecurity.org/schema/acegi/spring-acegi-2.0.

    <acg:annotation-driven
            authentication-manager="authenticationManager"
            accessDecisionManager="accessDecisionManager"
            runAsManager="runAsManager"
    />

    <acg:advice id="defaultSecurityAdvice"
                      authentication-manager="authenticationManager"
      <acg:attributes>
        <acg:method name="*" roles="ROLE_USER" />
      </acg:attributes>
    </acg:advice>
</beans>

Is something like this in the works?  If it's not, I'd be happy to
submit it as a patch.  In which package should I place such a thing?

James Carman