> Hi,
>
> At the LURK BoF this week there was some interest in having a solution
> where a domain owner can delegate to some other entity (which we will
> call "the TLS server") the authority to terminate TLS connections on its
> behalf, using short-term certificates. These certificates allow the
> domain owner to terminate the TLS server's authorization when necessary,
> without requiring certificate revocation - which we know doesn't work
> reliably. The certificates' validity is measured in days, e.g. 3 days.
>
> First, I would like to request the working group to adopt short-term
> certificates as a charter item.
>
> Second, I would like the group's advice in choosing between two very
> different approaches to this problem.

You can already delegate HTTP-01 by redirecting
`/.well-known/acme-challenge/*` (maybe even just for unknown tokens).

Also, for short-lived certificates, there's already the `notAfter` field
when filing applications for a certificate:

https://ietf-wg-acme.github.io/acme/#rfc.section.6.1.3

Regards, Niklas