> One of the most common ACME deployment failures observed in practice is
> for servers to be configured to serve only the end-entity certificate,
> without the intermediate certificates. This is a particularly pernicious
> problem because some browsers will still trust the resulting
> one-certificate chain, due to caching or fetching of URLs from Authority
> Information Access. But other browsers will not, resulting in a "works
> on my computer" problem.
>
> Arguably this configuration is the result of incorrect clients, but we
> should expect that most clients will do the easiest thing. This change
> aligns the easiest thing with the most correct thing.

- What happens to Link rel=up? You've left it in.

- What about certificates signed by an intermediate with multiple
  signers, and thus multiple actual intermediate certificates for the
  same intermediate Subject/public key? I'm not sure but I think there
  was some discussion on the list about using multiple Link rel=up
  headers to express a reverse tree
  (end entity -> { intermediate-signer1 -> signer1