Hi Russ,

On 30/05/18 22:31, Russ Housley wrote:
> It seems to me that ACME is being used to support certificate
> enrollment for many different applications, so the same approach
> seems appropriate.
I agree with your description of the past:-)

I don't agree with not specifying MTI algs though.

My main reasons are that I think having MTI algorithms for
acme may lead to better interop and less proliferation of
algorithms/suites and less broken/non-tested code. (I
forget what I thought about this years ago, but I may have
changed opinion - it was reasonable for PKIX to not specify
MTI algs a decade or two ago, but that that is no longer a
good plan, as we now do really use all this stuff.)

That said, I don't feel too strongly about it - in practice
I reckon all acme clients will in any case want to implement
and be able to use whatever works with LE, at least for the
next while, and so this won't be a practical problem either
way.

Cheers,
S.