As previously discussed on the list the two property names defined in
draft-ietf-acme-caa, "validation-methods” and "account-uri”, do not conform to
the ABNF syntax in RFC 6844 as they contain hyphens. 6844-bis fixes this by
expanding the ABNF to be less restrictive but for now this doesn’t really
address the problem at hand.

Given it is probably unlikely that 6844-bis will be standardized any time soon
is there any plan to make changes to draft-ietf-acme-caa to address this in the
short term? Given we are not yet at the point where there is wide
deployment/adoption of this feature can we take the easy route and simply
remove the hyphens so that the document at least complies with the existing CAA
document?