The problem with using POST-as-GET for certificate resources, as Felipe I
think pointed out, is that the thing that downloads the certificate URL is
often not an ACME player, doesn't have an account, etc.  It's a web server
or something.  (cf. the STAR drafts.)  What I'm saying is that it's painful
to make them integrate with ACME and we don't get any benefit.