FWIW, it seems to me like, if the HTTP verb being used is, in fact, “POST”,
then a more appropriate term for the proposed fix for the identity correlation
problem identified last week would be “GET-as-POST” rather than “POST-as-GET”.

“POST-as-GET” sounds to me like the actual HTTP verb is a GET, but we’re
shoehorning what would normally be a POST over that request. The opposite, of
course, is what is proposed: a POST with an uninteresting payload is being sent
to simulate a GET but with the authentication of a POST. The pattern of a GET
is being sent “as a POST”.

Alternatively, would it make sense to define a new HTTP verb, e.g., “FETCH”,
for this?

-FG