again your talking about stuff unrelated to acme
(and unlikely to potentially effect acme)

your talking about inherent problems with https (or all public key cryptography)
(thus only addressable/fixable by https related ietf groups)

acme cannot (and should not) expect its users to develop/run/use software with
an otherwise completely non-standard https implementation
(and thus missing any improvements/bug-fixes etc within wider https
protocol/libraries)

it uses https because its an existing/maintained/developed widely available
protocol (and will improve with any underlying improvements to the base
protocol)

but acme is designed to use https not for security, just for transport
its security is designed to be in the data sent/received so eavesdropping
(mitm) cannot be advantageous to 3rd parties

and yes many improvements could be added to https but as all automatable ones
can be as effectively be intercepted by a suitably technically proficient mitm
(if you check dns, mitm dns) if you check 3rd party (mitm 3rd pary) etc etc
if its visual check key on a webpage (regexp replace good/bad key on all
traffic to victim mitm his whole internet)
only 100% secure method is out of band (phone sms etc. even these can be mitm
if your a state level actor)

thats why the improvements to https are made elsewhere and rigorously tested
adopted/abandoned by that community

thats why we rely on browsers/https libraries to secure themselves
usually based on arrives with trusted keys, trusts updates to this list that
are signed with an already trusted one
imperfect but perfection is impossible (all we can add is hoops to jump,
restrictions etc) but all automated public-key checks can obviously themselves
be compromised if you have access to the client or wire