As WG co-chair, I am not thrilled with making this addition so very very late
in the process.  If the WG wants to do it, we'd need (a) clear consensus and
(b) a quick approval from the IESG.

As an individual, I dislike putting "here's what's wrong with your key" in the
error message. For example, it encourages a thief to do "venue shopping"
looking for a CA that will certify their stolen keypair.