Thank you for your draft.

As per the discussion from the WG meeting in Prague, my thoughts:

Section 5, Device Certificates:
DNS/IP based challenges may be appropriate for on-premises hardware and less appropriate for Cloud or IoT environments where a machine requesting may not have DNS or suitable IP address. For Cloud deployments it may be more desirable to tie the challenge to the platform's respective IAM service using draft-ietf-acme-authority-token.

In terms of actions, an informative document describing considerations (such as ensuring "TLS Client Certificate Authentication" is set in CSR, like you describe) would probably be most appropriate in my view and I would be happy to co-author or contribute to it if there was interest.

Section 6, End User Certificates:
I had considered the idea of using ACME for end user certificates (and believe it's worth it, particulary in enterprise environments), as I was unaware of the possibility of FIDO being used. However CAs and implementors may find using ACME better for consistency sake as they may already be doing existing issuance using it.

Browser support I believe remains the biggest challenge for this and I would like to hear the thoughts from browser vendors on list.

Regards