On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 5:18 PM Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>
wrote:

> I ommited your great explanation of the situation.
> *I* think that certificates bound to IP addresses are useful for things
> like
> server management systems (Dell DRACs, HP iLO, IBM RSA..).  As such, there
> are no cloud issues involved.

I’m a bit confused by understanding how this bit fits into the discussion.

Is the concern that the draft-acme-ip would not work for these cases,
and/or that the choice and use of TLS-ALPN (or another identifier) would
preclude addressing these use cases?

It seems that the applicability of the protocol satisfies all of these use
cases, including internal CAs. Have I overlooked a concern with respect to
SNI and ALPN?