Hi all,

My apologies to the whole ACME WG, I'm sorry that I wasn't able to attend
the IETF 116 working group meeting as I had planned.

My planned slides are available at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/116/materials/slides-116-acme-ari-extension;
below is a text summary of my intended presentation.

Since IETF 114, there have been two major developments with this draft.
First, it was adopted! Thank you to everyone who read it, asked questions,
made suggestions, and eventually supported it. Second, the server side of
the proposed protocol has been implemented and deployed by both Let's
Encrypt and Google Trust Services, with fully independent implementations.
Only minor changes have been made to the document itself, mostly reflecting
editorial comments and updating the implementation status section.

Currently, client adoption is also going well. I am aware of at least three
client authors who have their own implementations. Thanks to Christopher
Cook (author of Certify The Web), Matt Holt (author of ACMEz, CertMagic,
and Caddy), and Wouter Tinus (author of win-acme) for all of their work. In
addition, Let's Encrypt is currently working on adding implementations to
additional clients.

Finally, the only current "open question" is that raised by Andrew Ayer in
this thread:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/acme/TGy6nCDril48LuzCdptiH025ywU/
Rather than risk bifurcating that discussion, I suggest that everyone go
read it and chime in there.

The next steps are to resolve that open question, and to listen to feedback
from client authors as more implementations arise. I hope to be able to
move forward with the next stages for this draft soon.

Thank you,
Aaron