> Thinking some more, I realized that in addition to explicitly considering how
> issuewild works with this, we also need to consider issueemail.  This does
> bring up the question of whether these are better as parameters of the
> various issue tags, or whether we’re better off separating this out into a
> new "acme-discovery” tag that can be applied across all issuance types.
> There are pros and cons.  The parameter method makes it easier to be able to
> have different issuance policies for web and email, which is the entire
> reason we have separate tags for each.  But I think it’s likely the same
> server is going to get populated for all the tags, leading to redundancy and
> potential maintenance issues keeping them in sync.  Or perhaps there’s both a
> global setting and parameters, although then you get a lot of additional
> complexity that probably isn’t worth it.  On balance, my gut feeling is that
> parameters that are handled uniformly across all three issuance tags is
> probably the best solution, but it could use more discussion and analysis I
> think.  So I wanted to bring it up.

I would suggest keeping this simple, the different properties with 'issue'
actually meaning 'issuetls' and no way to block all issuance with a simple
'issue' property is already confusing enough.

> The other question that occurred to me last night is since this draft is
> largely about CAA records and tags, and only linked to the ACME protocol
> itself in its motivation, LAMPS might actually be a better home for the
> draft, so it lives in the same WG as all the other CAA documents and
> registries.  But I don’t have strong feelings about that and if people want
> to continue discussing it at ACME instead, because that’s the motivating use
> case, I’m fine with that too.

The goal here is ACME discovery,  the draft mostly specifies how the ACME
client should process the CAA records, so I would keep this in the ACME working
group unless you want to split this up into multiple standards.