Title: RE: [ActiveDir] Pros and Cons f an "empty" top level domain

I may be mistaken, but you only need to have a native mode domain in the forest to facilitate the DL to DG migration. IIRC, the native mode domain merely allows Universal Security Groups to exist in the forest, which are then used for the E2K Distribution Groups. I would run domainprep only on the (probably mixed mode) AD domain that will host the Exchange 2000 server.

-----Original Message-----
From: Darren Sykes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 9:20 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Pros and Cons f an "empty" top level domain

I'd agree that a native mode domain is highly desirable when migrating
to Exchange 2000.
However, the root level domain should be empty to benefit from some of
the points mentioned.
I wouldn't really advise running domainprep in the root domain, as would
be necessary if this domain
were to be used for e2k migration.

Darren.