My domain runs fine without MS DNS. All I use is a DNS forwarder to my internet provider.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] Im Auftrag von Giovanni Bianchini
Gesendet: Dienstag, 13. November 2001 16:25
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: [ActiveDir] ActiveDir and DNS

Group:

A customer asked this question.  They run a proxied inet connection with DNS provided by proxy.  They do not connect to any untrusted domains nor do they browse AD.

Does AD required MS DNS to be running to maintain machine and user information for login?

From the Desk of Giovanni Bianchini

This e-mail is virus free

(including any attachments) contains confidential

information intended for a specific individual and

purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not

the intended recipient, you should delete this

message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,

copying, or distribution of this message, or the

taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.