Title: Message
While I think the idea of SUS is good, I fail to see how this eliminates the need for hfnetchk or the security baseline analyser.  SUS is a pull technology.  You still need some method to ensure the clients are pulling the infromation from the server.

Dennis
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 2:24 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Software Update Services:

All,

Haven’t contributed for a while but this will more than make up for that. In a nut shell Software Update Services (SUS) allows you to synchronise an internal server with the Microsoft Update servers and test and approve updates to deploy...too good to be true, no more hfnetchk, qchain, security baseline analyser seems not. Works on our test bed, give it a go…details @:

 http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/windowsupdate/sus/

James