Here's an answer to this question posted by a Microsoft employee in the Microsoft AD
newsgroup yesterday.  It includes an (unsupported) method to get the functionality
into XP.

*************
This has been discussed at length in this forum already. It was removed from the
Windows XP client. Without wishing to open up the whole discussion again - you can
read it for yourself. There are lots of good reasons for not allowing users to
randomly browse around the network and in particularly the directory. I suggest you
read the rest of the discussions yourself - it gets a little bit heated at times. But
since you asked :- The following process is TOTALLY UNSUPPORTED and provided AS IS
with no warranties, and confers no rights.

To re-enable the Directory folder on a Windows XP Professional client PC in a Domain
Environment
1. Copy the dsfolder.dll from a Windows 2000 (SP2 or later) machine to the Windows XP
machines (It is in the SYSTEM32 folder under the WINNT folder on Windows 2000 (by
default) and needs to go into the SYSTEM32 folder usually under WINDOWS on Windows XP
(by default)
2. Close all instances of Windows Explorer
3. Run "regsvr32 dsfolder.dll" on the XP machines.
4. Done
The above process is TOTALLY UNSUPPORTED and provided AS IS with no warranties, and
confers no rights.

Tony
www.activedir.org