From: Sullivan, Kevin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2002 4:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] OT: Unable to browse across the subnets/gateways

What are the subnets? And what is the gateway config.

Also, When you say browse do you mean Network neighborhood? If so play with the LMHosts file to see if you can force resolution if you can it is probably a WINS issue. Are the servers WINS clients? Do the registrations look OK?

Can the XP/2k systems log on? Can they ping via FQDN and IP?

Make sure you separate the hostname function and the NetBIOS function when you troubleshoot this one. If it is Net Neighborhood :( then it is probably a WINS issue or browser service issue. Are there error in the System event log?

Kevin