See reply inline below......

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Mayet, Yusuf Y
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 10:21 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Netlogon Service

The problem I am having is this.
We have a Domain Policy which I have enabled the security option for a
"Message Title" to be displayed to the user.
And in true Windows fashion this "Domain Policy" should apply to all
computers in the Domain.
But there are random users in the Domain that are not getting this
policy applied to their computers.

Also am I correct in saying that the Group Policy will apply to the
"Computers" not the Users ??

[RTK} Yes - this is absolutely correct.  The section of the GP that
you're working with does apply only to the Computer object - not to the
User object.

So my question is if they are being authenticated by a Domain Controller
then verily they should be applying the Group Policy as well.
Why are they not receiving the correct Group Policy.

[RTK] Well, this is the question.  The condition that normally causes
this is that the computer object is not in an OU - a computer cannot
reside in the default Computer container and have GP applied to it.  The
Computer container is the folder that you would see in the AD U&C tool
as a simple folder - not an Organizational Unit.

I would employ GPRESULT and GPOTOOL (two tools that are found in the
Windows 2000 Server Resource Kit).  If you want to pipe the output to a
text file and .ZIP it up then e-mail it to me, I'll be happy to review
it.  Otherwise, with a little bit of concentration and common sense, the
output should lend a hand in idetifying the problem.

The fact that it is applying to some and not all tends to lead me to
believe that the problem is where the computer objects ARE (i.e. the
computer container....)

Thanks,
Yusuf

[RTK] You're welcome!

Rick Kingslan - Microsoft MVP [Windows NT/2000]
  Microsoft Certified Trainer
  MCSA, MCSE+I - Windows NT / 2000

"Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic."