Title: Message

try this..
go to DNS on Packers and add NS2 as a name server.
Then go to zone transfers and say only to those servers listed on the name servers tab.
then restart DNS on NS2 and pull the zone
Shoulda called the other server "Bears" so that the Packers are always dominant.. Little joke there.

Hello,

I have a server at our company that is also our primary DNS server, called Packers. This server has been working fine and has no problems. Late last week, I added a second server to our internal network and called it NS2. I wish to have this server be the secondary DNS server, but have been having problems.

The domain is seeinc.net

I set up seeinc.net as a secondary on NS2, but when I tried to have it transfer from master, it failed, giving me an error of "Zone not loaded by the server"

I checked the IP in the general properties for seeinc.net zone on NS2, and the IP for the Primary DNS server resolves just fine to a name. When browsing, nothing is listed.

On the Primary DNS server, Zone Transfer is set to allow to zone transfers to any server.

If anyone can provide some help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris J. Popp

Sharpe Engineering