John,

Interesting that you even mention this.  I have a reg file that sets the
zones on IE via directly modding the registry in just this manner.
We've got about 25k seats of Inbound/Outbound 'Out-sourced marketers'
(yeah, I can even put lipstick on a pig like Telemarketing!) and we have
to lock them down to ONLY what we want them to do.

If anyone wants a copy o it, let me know.  I'll shoot it off to you...

Rick Kingslan - Microsoft MVP [Windows NT/2000]
  Microsoft Certified Trainer
  MCSA, MCSE+I - Windows NT / 2000

"Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic."