http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1265&source=
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1645&source=

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:ActiveDir-owner@;mail.activedir.org] On Behalf Of Myrick, Todd
(NIH/CIT)
Sent: Saturday, October 19, 2002 10:47
To: 'Tucker, Mark '; '[EMAIL PROTECTED] '
Subject: [ActiveDir] AD Integration of DDNS Zone and zone replication
Solution!

First I want to thank you all for you comments, It is really nice to be
able to pick some of your brains as part of my troubleshooting.

First DDNS integration into AD.  When you AD integrate a pre-exsiting
Zone into AD, it takes some time for the zone storage to be written to
AD partition. Once it is fully written, it begins to be replicated
around the domain.  When you have a secondary of a integrated zone, and
want to change it to AD integrated, it will ask you as part of the
conversion if you want to overwrite the exsiting zone information.
(Choose no).

The problem we were experiencing though was actually due to a problem
with replication from the DDNS1 server to the rest of the AD.  It's AD
replication partners did not have SPN ID's from DDNS1.

These were the Event ID that were throwing.

Directory Replication
1645
1265

I worked with PSS and we verified that DNS was working, name resolution
was working, etc.  Then when we ruled out all these issues, we then used
a resource kit utility called "SETSPN.EXE" and ran it on DDNS1
replication parners pointing it at DDNS1, and on DDNS1 and pointing at
itself.  What we found is that DDNS1 had all its SPN's, but that not of
the partners did, so we copied the SPN's to a text file, (This is a
command line utility).  Then piped it into a replication partner using
the SETSPN add switch. Replication started to occur right away.

So to get a better handle on these types of problems, we will be
monitoring directory replication event logs for the above ID's.

Now a chance for Gil K, from NETPRO to throw in some of his wisdom...

Gil, does NETPRO Directory Analyzer monitor and offer troubleshooting KB
for this type of problem?

Todd