Hello Folks,

I'm in the process of documenting the setup of a secondary DNS server of the root domain (ADI) to a child domain. Is it best practice to point the server hosting the secondary zone in the child domain to all
root DC's or just one? I guess in the event of failure of that DC the zone may be transferred by the other DC's but does this mean that all root DC's will try to transfer incremental changes in DNS to the secondary server? Basically, will it try to update the information but find that the serial number of the zone is up-to-date and terminate the transfer?

I've looked through the Branch-Office guide but it does not lay out any best practices to configuration of the _msdcs zone. By the way, it was just easier to setup a transfer of the entire root domain instead of re-creating the _msdcs zone.