Yes, you can delegate the permission at the Computers container level.
As to the repurcussions - it could be worse.  If the most damage one can
do is to delete some computer accounts, then that's a mitigatable risk -
given that the alternative is that they won't be able to move them.

I wouldn't leave anything in the container that you don't want them to
mess with.  But - we are talking about computer accounts.   If they were
user accounts, this would be a quite different conversation.

Rick Kingslan  MCSE, MCSA, MCT
Microsoft MVP - Active Directory
Associate Expert

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm