Title: Message
I had 240 branches over 256K and latency was around 45 minutes...But I did have replication at every 30 minutes over the 256K links.  When we started we were at 2hrs for replication and that was not a good scenario.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of David Rudolph
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2002 4:58 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: [ActiveDir] Replication & Satellite Links

Our company is considering options for supporting a new branch office location.  Connectivity to the office can only be accomplished via a satellite link. I'm aware of the problems of RPC-based replication over high latency links. SMTP-based replication is not an option. The link in question would be 512K. My question is does anybody know the threshold where latency will begin to adversely affect replication? I'd like to be able to tell management that we could live with x latency but nothing more.

Thanks in advance.

David Rudolph
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation