Hi,

If you want to do inter-AD forest testing:

"Microsoft Metadirectory Services 2003, Standard Edition, will ship
approximately 90 days after the Windows .NET Server release (1Q03).
Standard edition will be made available as a no-charge web download."

From:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/technologies/directory/MMS/mms2003_faq.asp

requires Windows .NET Server and SQL2000 (and that 1Q03 has now slipped a little)

Lee Flight
Network Support, Computer Centre
University of Leicester

List FAQ    : http://www.activedir.org/list_faq.htm