Hi, just received this e-mail, you might want to check out the address, as I am not
the person who requested the info.

-----Original Message-----
From:   Rick Kingslan [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   5 December 2002 1:27 PM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        RE: [ActiveDir] Separating an Active Directory Forest

Joe,

IMHO and experience, wish them good luck.  The reason why there must be
a migration for one group or the other is because someone has to own the
original forest.  You cannot just BOTH seize the Schema and Domain
Naming FSMO roles to the respective 'new root', as it can only be held
by one or the other.

With the current tools, I can't even imagine this being successful -
without a migration of new Company B's computers, users, and groups
(plus all of the ancillary stuff) to a new forest.

Ack!

Rick Kingslan  MCSE, MCSA, MCT
Microsoft MVP - Active Directory
Associate Expert