I'd give that a 50/50 chance of working at best. Keep in mind that the
restored computer account could have a different secure channel password, at
which point it won't work. It would also have to be done as an authoritative
restore.

Frankly, I'm of the opinion that I'd rather mess with one computer account
rather than one AD domain in order to fix the issue. I'm also of the opinion
that if this was operator error, my good friends Guido and Vinnie[1] need to
visit said admin and give a crash course in change control procedures and
change process management.

Roger D. Seielstad - MCSE
Sr. Systems Administrator
Inovis - Formerly Harbinger and Extricity
Atlanta, GA

[1] They're consultants. I'll leave it at that.